Who is Scott Ambler?
I am a Canadian citizen living in Toronto, Ontario. In addition to being a father and husband, I work in several roles: consulting methodologist, agile data coach, author, keynote speaker, and advisory board member.
As a consulting methodologist I help people and teams to improve their ways of working (WoW) and their ways of thinking (WoT). In particular, my focus is on helping people to apply Agile Data and Agile Modeling strategies. I co-created with Mark Lines Disciplined Agile (DA), led the development of both the Agile Modeling and Agile Data methods.
Agile Data Coach
I often take on the role of “Agile data coach” with teams. In doing so I typically help teams to understand how to apply Agile Data and Agile Modeling strategies. I do this through both training and coaching.
I have (co-)written 28 books and hundreds of articles or white papers. Most of this writing has been about information technology (IT) methods and practices.
My Educational Background
Master of Science (MSc) in Artificial Intelligence
- Currently in progress
- University of Leeds
Master of Information Science (MIS)
- September 1990 – April 1994
- University of Toronto
- UX/HCI-related thesis, Object-Oriented Methods, Computer Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW)
Computer Science Specialist (BSc), Commerce Major (BSc)
- September 1985 – May 1989
- University of Toronto
- Graduated with honours
Since the mid-1990s I have presented at a wide range of public and corporate conferences in around the world at which I have delivered keynotes, tutorials, workshops, and presentations. This includes:
- Management conferences such as PMI Congress, PMI LIM, PMO Expo, and Business Agility.
- Technical conferences such as Agile 20XX, Agile Tour, Agile Best Practices, Software Development, Agile Universe, UML World, JavaOne, BorCon, Comdex, and Application Development
- Academic conferences such as OOPSLA, EuroSPI, ICSE, and CAiSE
- Private conferences organized by both the private and public sectors
I am often asked to deliver conference keynote speeches and give internal presentations at organizations.
To request me as a speaker, please contact me directly.
Advisory Board Member
I currently am an advisory board member for the following organizations:
Fun Stuff About Me
Here are a few personal tidbits about me that you may find interesting:
I have travelled to many interesting places.
I collect and restore 8-bit Atari computers and peripherals.
Here are photos of me. They are often used by conference organizers in their advertising. You may do the same.
Subscribe To Our News!
Get My Latest Articles