What I Do
I have a very wide range of practical experience, particularly in the software space. I’m smart, honest, and love to help teams work through complex challenges. I’ve worked in a wide range of roles over the years, from programmer to architect to executive. I can help you to improve your ways of working (WoW) in your approaches to software and data.
Coaching & Consulting
As a consulting methodologist and agile data coach I work with people to help them to improve their ways of working (WoW) and ways of thinking (WoT) around their approaches to software and data. I do this by:
- Facilitating strategy sessions, working through your current WoW and WoT and helping you to identify an improvement strategy
- Coaching executives, both remotely and in-person, particularly in agile data strategies
- Coaching practitioners, both remotely and in-person, particularly in applying agile data techniques
- Assessing your current WoW and then working with you to develop an improvement plan
I currently offer this interactive workshop:
- Disciplined Agile Data Warehousing (DW) and Business Intelligence (BI) Development – This is a two-day workshop that is delivered in-person.
I am an international keynote presenter, having spoken at hundreds of conferences, hundreds of user groups, and hundreds of organizations since the mid-1990s. I have done so both in-person and remotely. Here some of my more commonly requested talks:
- Agile Architecture: Critical Ways of Working (WoW) for Agile Teams
- Agile Data Warehousing (DW)/Business Intelligence (BI): Addressing the Hard Problems
- Applying Disciplined Agile: Become a Purposeful Learning Organization
- Artificial Intelligence for Agilists: Are You Ready?
- Artificial Intelligence for Project Managers: Are You Ready?
- Data Technical Debt: Proven Strategies to Improve Data Quality
- DataOps: How to Bring Databases into the DevOps World
As a keynote presenter, here are the roles that I currently take on:
- Conference keynote speaker. I currently give keynotes about transforming your data organization to become more agile, organizational transformation, and the impacts of artificial intelligence (AI). I also give presentations about agile data warehousing/business intelligence (DW/BI), data quality, and developing AI-based solutions.
- Corporate speaker. I am often hired to speak at internal conferences or meetings within organizations. I will often reprise one of the public presentations that I give at conferences, modifying it for the customer organization appropriately. I will sometimes develop a presentation for a topic that is specific to the customer, so don’t be afraid to ask.
- User group/chapter presenter. I am often asked to speak to user groups, including both PMI and DAMA Chapters. I prefer to do so remotely, but am also willing to travel if the situation is right.