Hundreds of organizations around the world have already benefited from DA, which is the only comprehensive tool kit available for guidance on building high-performance agile teams and optimizing your way of working (WoW). As a hybrid of the leading agile, lean, and traditional approaches, DA provides hundreds of strategies to help you make better decisions within your agile teams, balancing self-organization with the realities and constraints of your unique enterprise context.
This book provides explicit advice that goes beyond the “fail fast” mantra for improving your WoW. It does this by motivating you to embrace your uniqueness, but providing a range of options to address common process challenges, and providing advice for choosing the strategies that are the best fit for your situation.
Choose Your WoW! 2e is organized into the following chapters:
- Chapter 1: Choosing Your WoW! An overview of the DA toolkit.
- Chapter 2: Being Disciplined. An overview of the principles, promises, and guidelines of the DA mindset. This is the DA way of thinking (WoT).
- Chapter 3: Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD) in a Nutshell. This is an introduction to the fundamentals of DAD, the approach that agile software development teams follow.
- Chapter 4: Roles, Rights, and Responsibilities. The people and teaming aspects of the DA toolkit.
- Chapter 5: Process Goals. An overview of how the practice choices are organized in the DA toolkit. Understanding how to navigate the process goals enables you to improve your WoW much better than a classic “fail fast” approach.
- Chapter 6: Choosing the Right Lifecycle. DAD supports several lifecycles so that teams may adopt the strategy that is most appropriate for the situation that they face.
- Chapter 7: Disciplined Success. Advice for applying DA within your organization.